About David Sills
M. David Sills, D.Miss., Ph.D.
President & Founder, Reaching & Teaching International Ministries
Associate Dean, International Missions, SBTS
A. P. and Faye Stone Professor of Christian Missions and Cultural Anthropology
Director of the Doctor of Missiology Program
Director of the International Church Planting Program
Director of Great Commission Ministries
B.A., Belhaven College
M.Div., New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
D.Miss., Reformed Theological Seminary
Ph.D., Reformed Theological Seminary
Dr. David Sills is the founder and president of Reaching & Teaching International Ministries as well as a missions professor at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. David joined the faculty of SBTS after serving as a missionary in Ecuador. While with the International Mission Board, he served as a church planter and general evangelist among the Highland Quichua people in the Andes and as a seminary professor at the Ecuadorian Baptist Theological Seminary. He also served as Rector and professor of the Baptist seminary as a missionary with Global Outreach International. In addition to leadership training and seminary ministry that has taken him throughout Latin America and as far away as Nepal, David has started and pastored churches in both the United States and Ecuador.
David has written several books and articles. His English language books include The Missionary Call: Find Your Place in God's Plan for the World and Reaching and Teaching: A Call to Great Commission Obedience. The Missionary Call has been translated into Spanish, Korean, and Indonesian, and he has also written two books in Spanish, Capacitación Cultural en la Cultura Quichua and Quichuas de la Sierra: Descubriendo un Modelo de Adiestramiento Pastoral Cultralmente Apropriado. In addition, he has also served as a contributor and coauthor on several books including Introducción a la Misiología.
David and his wife, Mary have been married for over thirty years and have two married children and three grandchildren. David and Mary's children are all graduates of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Statement of Belief: Abstract of Principles
- Curriculum Vitae: M. David Sills CV
- Biographical Sketch: M. David Sills Brief Bio
- Photo: M. David Sills Photo
- Dr. Sills has been serving in international ministry for more than twenty five years. Learn more about his ministry and the placeshe has served by viewing the list of his previous trips by clicking here.
- > Desiring God National Conference
- > To Every Tribe Annual Missions Conference
- > REAP Summer Missions Training
- > REAP Leadership Development Training
- > SENT Missions Conference
- > Spiritual Emphasis Week- Spanish Language Institute
- > Moody Bible Institute Annual Missions Conference
- > Evangelical Missiological Society Annual Meeting
Dr. David Sills speaks at churches, conferences, and other events many times a year. In addition to traditional preaching opportunities and missions conferences, Dr. Sills also speaks at training events around the world. The following list is a very small sample of some of the events at which Dr. Sills has spoken. Should you have questions about a particular message or powerpoints for a listed event, please check the resources page for free downloads.
The Center for Pioneer Church Planting is a missionary training program that combines intensive in-class preparation and study in South Texas with 'hands-on' training in church planting locations in Papua New Guinea and Mexico.
- IMB is the largest missions agency in the world and serves as the missions agency for The Southern Baptist Convention. Engaging people groups around the world, they seek to reach the unreached around the world.
- Training Leaders International mentors and sends graduate students and pastors to bring theological education around the world. We serve as a sending organization for those interested in theological education. And we are exploring the potential of starting theological schools in places formal education is lacking.
- > 2005 Speaking Engagements
- > 2006 Speaking Engagements
- > 2007 Speaking Engagements
- > 2008 Speaking Engagements
- > 2009 Speaking Engagements
- > 2010 Speaking Engagements
- > 2011 Speaking Engagements
- > 2012 Completed Speaking Engagements